Tuesday, August 28, 2007

2 Years Ago...

...at this very moment, my wife, Tiffany, and I packed our dogs and a backpack with a couple of t-shirts and shorts and , before I climbed inside the truck, I looked back at the house and thought "This may have been the last night we spend in this house". We met our friend, Alfred, at the bike shop, I parked my truck on high ground (haha) and we were gone, two cars into the contra-flow jam that was the exodus high-tailing it out of New Orleans.
Twelve hours later, we pulled into my mother-in-law's driveway in Mesquite, TX. and, after listening to news reports of how big and dangerous a cat 5 storm would be when it hit the city, I knew our lives would change. Dramatically.
I wasn't going to write this but it was floating around up here and I thought what the heck.

1 comment:

c-steve said...

sHi, Mark! Nice and interesting blog! But i gotta press my nose towards the screen, to read it. Maybe you think about using a diferent typing colour. It´s just too hard to read here in my office because I can´t switch off the light. Would put a link on my blog!
Greetings fomm the very,very west of Germany, Steve